Exploring Christian Faith
and the Faculty Vocation
Applications for the 2023-2024 year open soon!
In its second year, the BSC Faculty Fellowship exists to inspire and equip early- and mid-career Christian faculty to more fully integrate their faith as part of their role as a scholars and teachers in the university. This year-long fellowship will help faculty think more deeply about the role of the Christian faith in the academic vocation, connect faculty in Christian community across disciplines, and explore the intersection of faith, thought, and life in the academy.
The Bradley Study Center is inviting 10 faculty to participate in this year-long fellowship. The core of this program is a series of monthly lunches where the Fellows will gather together, share fellowship, and discuss a brief reading. The lunches will begin in September 2022, with eight lunches for the entire year. The primary text for discussion will be On Christian Teaching, by David I. Smith. Faculty can bring their lunch for each meeting.
Faculty fellows will enjoy some of these opportunities:
- Thoughtful dialogue on matters of importance to the Christian faith, the university, and the calling of faculty
- Participation in a community of Christian faculty at Virginia Tech
- Complimentary book
We ask each faculty fellow to commit to participating actively in the program by:
- Attending all lunches and engaging in each month’s discussion (recognizing that emergencies do arise!)
- Thoughtfully reading in advance of each lunch (25-30 pages)
- Participating in one common event with BSC students during the year
(all Tuesdays, 12:30-1:45pm)
September 13, 2022
October 11, 2022
November 15, 2022
December 6, 2022
January 24, 2023
February 21, 2023
March 21, 2023
April 18, 2023
We welcome applications from faculty across academic disciplines,
including full-time tenured, tenure-track, instructional, and research faculty.
Applications for ’23-’24 academic year open Spring 2023!